Easter Weekend

Easter has come and gone, and I know this is a little late, but I thought I'd share with you how I spent my Easter weekend.

I was director of our church Easter play this year. We've been practicing since the beginning of February. Friday night (the 10th) was our last practice, and Saturday and Sunday night (the 11th & 12th) was the actual play. We had a great time, and all of our hard work was evident in the cast's portrayal of the Easter story.

After the play Saturday night, a group of us went into town to eat (our church is "in the country" about 15 minutes from "town"). When we got home from eating, around 11:30 p.m., my sister Carol declares that she is going to dye Easter eggs.


So, me, Shawn, Carol & Ricky stay up until after 1 a.m. dying Easter eggs like a bunch of kids. We had a good time, though I didn't think any of us were going to get up for church that morning!


Easter Sunday morning we went to church. After church, the kid's had an egg hunt and candy rain. They long ago stopped letting us older "kids" hunt for Easter eggs and participate in the candy rain, but this year they had an overabundance of candy. So, they let us in on the candy rain. I got hit in the head a few times, but it was fun!


Later in the day, me, Shawn, Carol & Ricky went to visit my grandparents. My Grandaddy will will be 90 years old on the 27th. I never grow tired of visits with him. He can tell the same story over and over and over again, but they still bring a smile to my face.
That evening when Shawn and I were going to church, we saw this fellow:Shawn said it was a wild pig. When I got out of the car to take his picture, he looked up at me, then ran behind a tree before I could get a better picture.

That was my Easter weekend. All in all it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...I'd love to hear {read/see?} your thoughts!