Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups


I made these peanut butter cups using this recipe I found by Pete Bakes. I admit I didn't even get to try one, but my nephew told me that taste just like Reese's. I will have to make more so I can give them a try.

The recipe is below, or you can go to Pete's blog for the recipe and to see the ones he made. He used dark chocolate; mine are milk chocolate.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 12-16 mini peanut butter cups

12 oz chocolate
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup crushed graham crackers

1. In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar and graham crackers. Set aside.

2. In a double boiler, carefully melt the chocolate (Set a metal bowl on top of a saucepan with boiling water). Alternatively, you can microwave the chocolate in short bursts.

3. Using a pastry brush or a clean paintbrush, brush the melted chocolate on the bottom and sides of mini cupcake liners. It’s helpful to stack some the liners together to give more support. When in doubt, add more chocolate, since this will be the base for your candy. Place the cupcake liners on a plate or in a cupcake tin and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.

4. Remove the liners from the freezer, and place about one teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture in each cup. Press down a bit with a spoon to spread. Spoon more melted chocolate on top of each cup.

5. Place the peanut butter cups back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to set. eat cold or let warm to room temperature before serving.

*I found the mini brown cupcake liners at Hobby Lobby ($1.99/100).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...I'd love to hear {read/see?} your thoughts!