My Birthday, part II


Back in March I posted about my birthday with promises to post more later. At the time, later meant something like the next day, not almost 2 months. Better late than never, I guess!

Me & my niece, Madalyn
We were about to cut the cake.

Me & Shawn
Got to love that jersey! He fished that day and just couldn't take the time to change. He came to my Grandaddy's party with it on, too.

I made my cake.

It was going to be a 2-layer topsy turvy.

I had the proof at home (LOTS of extra cake!!)

I ran out of time. That happens a lot with me.
It came out good, though.
This was my first attempt to cover a cake completely with fondant. Since I was rushing, I didn't have time to figure out how to get it smooth on the sides. I decided liked the draped look, so I left it alone.

A random scene.

My nephew, Jake, acting like he's too cool for my pink party.

My sister, Carol, was my helper. She's a great encouragement and a lot of fun. I don't think it was raining that night. She just wanted to wear her pink rain boots because they matched the decor! Now, that's sisterly dedication.

This cake pedestal was one of Shawn's gifts to me.

This little cake was one of the "extras".

Me with Jennifer & Dalila
Is it just me, or do they look alike? Can you tell which is the girly girl and which is the tomboy? I've known these girls since they were 6 months old.

Me and my nephew, Ian
I love this little fellow!

The cake & present table. Someone took all my presents!!!
Or maybe they were on the floor.

A simple circle garland and balloons.

I found the idea for these paper berry branches here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...I'd love to hear {read/see?} your thoughts!