I ♥ Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is Sierra. This little cutie was at my house Sunday. After dinner, my brother-in-law, Ricky, decided he wanted some cookies. I always wants me to make him something, yet he's always so mean to me. So, anyway, I made chocolate chip cookies. My favorite! I put in lots of chocolate chips. Sierra saw all of my sprinkles and insisted I put some sprinkles in the cookie dough.

I didn't know how well everyone else would react to sprinkles in the cookies, so I decided to make her a special cookie. A special cookie for a special little girl just had to be in the shape of a heart. She loved it! She actually gave it a thumbs up, so I guess I did good.

Here is the recipe I use:


♥ Chocolate Chip Cookies ♥
from the KitchenAid Baking Companion Cookbook


1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn mixer to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.

Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add baking soda, salt and flour to sugar mixture and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 15 seconds.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375F for 10—12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.

VARIATIONS: 2 cups raisins, coconut or chopped nuts may be substituted for chocolate chips. ***I always add a few chocolate chunks to the top for my chocolate flavor. I also added M&M's in some of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...I'd love to hear {read/see?} your thoughts!